Director and Owner of Koberda Neurology clinic (A.K.A. Tallahassee Neurobalance Center). J. Lucas Koberda, MD, PhD, Neurology, PL.
Dr. Koberda M.D. Ph.D.
Board Certified Neurologist
Dr. J. Lucas Koberda is a board certified neurologist and an internationally trained physician who completed his residency in Neurology at the Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon. Prior to his neurological training, he received his Ph.D. based on his research in the area of tumor immunology. Dr. Koberda is currently affiliated with The Florida State University College of Medicine. Dr. Koberda also has founded and became CEO of "Brain Enhancement, Inc." Non-for profit organization. This organization focuses on neuromodulation and modern therapy of many neuropsychiatric disorders including Alzheimer's dementia, TBI, depression/anxiety, autistic spectrum/ADHD, epilepsy and chronic pain.
Dr. Koberda's main interest is in neuro-psychiatry and cognitive enhancement. He uses the newest technology of QEEG and Neurofeedback to successfully diagnose and treat many medical conditions including seizures, headaches, fibromyalgia chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and prior stroke. Dr. Koberda has also effectively introduced neurofeedback protocols for a cognitive enhancement which may help students and professionals to improve their memory, concentration, verbal function or information processing speed.
Dr. Koberda also has been appointed in August, 2010 by Governor Charlie Christ as a member of the Alzheimer’s Disease Advisory Committee for a 4 years term (The Committee serves as an advising body to the Florida State Government). Dr. Koberda has published multiple publications in different scientific journals and serves as international neuroscience speaker and consultant.
Dr. Koberda has been appointed to the Editorial Board of the "Journal of Neurology and Stroke", "International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Human Resilience", "Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology" and "Journal of Psychology and Clinical Psychiatry". He also server as a reviewer-"Clinical EEG and Neuroscience" and the above journals.
Clinical skills and interests: EEG/QEEG/LORETA/Electrical Imaging (Brain Mapping), Neurofeedback, Neurotherapy, Magnetic and Electrical Stimulation, Neuromodulation, Neuropsychiatry, Forensic-neurology, EMG-NCV, Neuro-rehabilitation, IME, Teaching, Consultations, Academic and Research Interest, Clinical Trials, Public Health, Tele-neurology.
Founder and CEO-Brain Enhancement, Inc.- non-for profit organization- (since December, 2014).
Florida State University-Neurologist at FSU Health and Wellness Center at 960 Learning Way, Tallahassee, FL 32306- (since November, 2016).
Active and Recent Hospital Privileges:
Neurology Consultant-Florida State Psychiatric Hospital, Chattahoochee, FL-2007-December, 2014.
Consulting Neurologist- HealthSouth-Rehabilitation Hospital, Tallahassee, FL.-2007- February, 2015.
CRMC Hospital-Tallahassee, FL-community privileges.
Alzheimer Disease Advisory Committee (Florida)-appointed by the Florida Governor- Charlie Christ- August 2010-October 2012.
Licensed in the Following States: Florida, New York State, Utah, Georgia
2012-Professor of Neurology-Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies, Cape Canaveral, FL.
2007-Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology-Florida State University-College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL
2001-Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology-Albany Medical College, Albany, New York.
Neurology and Geriatrics Elective Teaching Faculty 2010-2011.
Neurology Elective Director-Florida State University-College of Medicine-CRMC hospital-2007-2010.
2013- 2014-Member of the International Board of Quantitative Electrophysiology (IBQE)
International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Human Resilience-since 2014
Journal of Psychology and Clinical Psychiatry-since 2014,
Journal of Neurology and Stroke-since 2014,
Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology-since 2014,
Valetudinaria-Progress in Clinical and Military Medicine (European medical journal)-2005-2013.
Clinical EEG and Neuroscience-since 2013
Journal of Psychology and Clinical Psychiatry-since 2014.
Journal of Neurology and Stroke-since 2014
International Journal of Emergency Mental health and Human Resilience-since 2014
Foreign languages: English and Polish (fluent), Russian and German (basic command).
Education and Training:
Undergraduate: 1976 - 1980 M. Kopernik School. Gdansk, Poland
Graduate: 1980 - 1986 Medical School in Gdansk-graduation-Oct 24, 1986 M. D.
Postgraduate Training and Employment:
Nov 1, 1986-
Sep 30, 1989- Internal Medicine Residency A. Hellmann, M.D.-Director Training, Medical School in Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Summer 1988- Visiting Scientist Prof. Castoldi, M.D.-Director
Department of Hematology- University of Ferrara, Italy
Oct 1, 1989-
Sep 30, 1990- Postdoctoral Training L. Bergmann, M.D.-DirectorDepartment of Hematology, J.W. Goethe University, Frankfurt/M., Germany
Oct 25, 1990- Postdoctoral Training R. Moser, M. D. -Director
Sept 30, 1991- Department of Neurosurgry E.A. Grimm, Ph.D.-Director
And Department of Tumor Biology UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Oct 1, 1991- Postdoctoral Training R.E. Champlin, M.D.-Director
April 24, 1994 Dept. of Hematology-BMT Section, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
July 1, 1994- Transitional Resident-PGY-1, Easton Hospital,
June 30, 1995- Easton, PA 18042 K.H Wildrick, M.D.-Director
July 1, 1995- Neurology Resident-Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland
June 30, 1998- R.H. Whitham, M.D.-Director
Oct. 26, 199- Ph.D., degree in Immunology and Experimental Tumor Immunotherapy-paper entitled “Evaluation of oncolytic potential of human lymphocytes activated with low dose of IL-2 and anti-CD3 and anti-CD28 antibodies.”-Graduated from Medical School in Warsaw-Director-Prof. Jedrzejczak.
July 1, 1998- Solo Neurology Practice in Potsdam, NY
March, 2004- Medical Director of Acute Rehabilitation Unit – CHMC-Ogdensburg, NY
August 1, 2006- present- Neurology practice in Tallahassee, FL
2007-2010-Capital Regional Medical Center-Co-director of Stroke program and Neurology Elective Director-Florida State University-College of Medicine-CRMC hospital
May, 2000-2020 Board certification-Neurology- by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
1996 - American Academy of Neurology, Active Member-Epilepsy and Stroke section
1999-2004- Rotary International
2003-Vice President-St. Lawrence County Medical Society, NY
2004-2006 President - St. Lawrence County Medical Society, NY
2006- Member of Rural and Preventive Medicine Committee –MSSNY
2006-Delegate from St. Lawrence County to House of Delegate meeting in Buffalo, NY
2006-Member of Committee for Governmental Affairs B
2007-2012-Board of Directors-Epilepsy Association of the Big Bend, Tallahassee, FL.
2011-The Society of Applied Neurosciences.
2012-International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
2012-The Biofeedback Society of Florida.
2013-EEG and Clinical Neuroscience Society (ECNS).
Medical Advocacy and Advising:
1. May-2004- Neurology on the Hill (Washington DC) - advocacy for development of stroke centers, malpractice reforms, Medicare – organized by American Academy of Neurology (AAN).
2. June-2005- Neurology on the Hill- advocacy for malpractice reforms, Medicare and Medicaid reforms-organized by AAN.
3. Spring 2005 - Albany NY-Advocacy on the State level- Malpractice reforms, access of Medicaid patient to care and services.
4. 2003-2004- Advocacy against obesity in children- resulted in elimination of sodas and “junk” food from local schools
5. 2004-2005-Advocacy in support of “self-pay” patients and insurance coverage.
6. May-2006- Neurology on the Hill- advocacy for fixing Medicare payment formula-organized by AAN.
7. 2006- Health advisory meeting-to Congressman John M. McHugh (23rd. Congressional District of State of New York)-currently 21st United States Secretary of the Army (in the President Obama’s Cabinet).
7. March 2008-Advocacy to restrict trade medication substitution by generic anti-seizure medications without physician’s and patient’s consent-Tallahassee, FL
8. December 22nd, 2008-Host and moderator-Tallahassee Health Care Forum-the community discussion regarding health care reforms.
9. April 16th, 2009-organizer and moderator of the fundraiser to fight high infant mortality rate in Leon County, Tallahassee FL
10. October 8th, 2009-Organizer of fundraising and silent auction to support under-funded Tallahassee institutions including Epilepsy Association of the Big Bend and Neighborhood Health Services, Inc -serving underprivileged population with no health insurance.
Selected and Invited Presentations:
1999-Application of neurophysiologic testing for neurological diagnosis- Clarkson University Health Sciences- Potsdam, NY.
1999- Traumatic Brain Injury- Clarkson University Health Sciences- Potsdam, NY.
2004- New options in the treatment of epilepsy- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, Ogdensburg, NY.
2005- Introduction to Neurology- St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY.
2006- Introduction to Neurology- Florida State University, Tallahassee FL
2008-Introduction to diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy, Florida State Psychiatric Hospital, Tallahassee FL
2/2011-Current options in the treatment of epilepsy-hosted by the Epilepsy Association of The Big Bend.
10/2011-Quantitative EEG and Brain Disorders-invited speaker during the Brain Symposium in Tallahassee, FL.
5/25/2012-QEEG and Neurofeedback with Z-score LORETA in neurological practice-multiple-cases presentation-Cancun, Mexico-Z-score Neurofeedback workshop.
6/4/2012-Application of quantitative EEG in epilepsy and other neurological disorders-invited for the Grand Rounds presentation by the Neurology Department (Epilepsy Section) Medical University of Southern Carolina-Charleston, SC.
7/11/2012-QEEG and Neurofeedback in clinical practice-Grand Rounds presentation-Invited by Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in Tallahassee- invited by the residency program director.
7/21/2012—QEEG assessment with Z-score & LORETA neurofeedback in neuro-psychiatric disorders-invited speaker for a workshop presentation during The Biofeedback Society of Florida Meeting in Orlando, FL.
3/26/2013-Electrical Neuroimaging and Neurofeedback-Rotary Club, Tallahassee, FL.
8/8/2013-Electrical Imaging in Neuro-psychiarty-invited by the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital program director of Internal Medicine Residency Training-combined FSU/TMH hospital, Tallahassee, FL.
8/30/2013-The role of LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Neuropsychiatric Disorders-invited by Dr. Georges Otte-Medical Director of Neuropsychiatric Hospital-Ghent, Belgium.
9/21/2013-LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback in Neuropsychiatry-ISNR meeting in Dallas, TX-presented during the small group discussion section.
11/2/2013-“Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback in Clinical Practice”-invited speaker lecture during the Southeastern Biofeedback & Clinical Neuroscience Association conference in Lake Junalusca, NC.
1/7/2014-“Application of QEEG (Brain Mapping) in psychiatry-clinical implication for diagnosis and treatment”-TMH-psychiatry department, Tallahassee, FL.
3/20/2014-“Electrical Brain Imaging Cognitive Enhancement with LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback”-Advanced Psychology lecture-L. Chiles High School-Tallahassee, FL.
7/29/2014-“Electrical Brain Imaging LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback”-invited presentation-medical students-FSU.
8/15/2014-“Enhance Your Brain”-invited presentation at Maguire Center-Westminster Oaks, Tallahassee, FL.
2/12/2015-“QEEG/LORETA/Electrical imaging and Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback in neuropsychiatric diagnosis and therapy-presented during “Real-time Functional Imaging and Neurofeedback” international conference organized by University of Florida in Gainesville, FL.
2/21/2015-“Cognitive enhancement using LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback-presented during 30th Annual Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Training Conference-FSU College of Medicine-Tallahassee, FL.
2/2015-“QEEG and neurofeedback in Autistic Spectrum disorders”-invited presentation-by CARDS-FSU Autism Institute-invited by Dr. Amy Whetherby.
12-11-2015-“Neuromodulation Therapy of TBI, Cognitive Problems and Dementia”-Keynote invited speaker during the international conference-International Symposium on Clinical Neuroscience-Orlando, FL.
8/26/2016-Invited keynote speaker-QEEG and LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback application in ADHD-University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL-Brain Symposium.
9/23/2016-ISNR international meeting in Orlando, FL-LORETA Z-score neurofeedback and electromagnetic stimulation (Neurofield) application in patients with epilepsy.
11/5/2016-invited speaker-Southeast Biofeedback and Clinical Neuroscience Association-Atlanta, GA-LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback and electromagnetic stimulation (Neurofield) application in neuropsychiatric practice.
2/4/2017-Keynote speaker-"Multiple Concussions-Analysis of Former NFL Players-Evidence of Cognitive Impairment and Brain Abnormalities."-presented during the International Symposium on Clinical Neuroscience in Orlando, FL.
Published, submitted or in preparation Articles:
1. Koberda J. Czyz J. Hellmann A. Leukocyte doubling time as a prognostic factor in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Acta Haemat Pol 20:195, 1989.
2. Hellmann A, Koberda J. Siekierska-Hellmann M. Use of Cyclosporin A in the treatment of Sezary's Syndrome. Pol Tyg Lek 45:444, 1990.
3. Hellmann, Koberda J. Baran W. Relationship of the duration of the chronic phase in chronic granulocytic leukemia to the total dose of busulphan in the first year of treatment. Acta Haemat Pol 21:60, 1990.
4. Koberda J. Hellmann A. Glutathione S-transferase activity of leukemic cells as a prognostic factor for response to chemotherapy in acute leukemias. Med Oncol & Tumor Pharmacother 21:35, 1991.
5. Koberda J. Bergmann L. Mitrou PS, Hoelzer D. High release of TNF-alpha, INF-gamma, IL-6 by phenotypically T-cell derived adherent lymphokine-activated killer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 117:425, 1991.
6. Koberda J. Grimm EA, Moser RP. Effect of anti-CD3/anti-CD28/IL-2 stimulation of mononuclear cells on transforming growth factor-beta inhibition of lymphokine-activated killer cells generation. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 119:131, 1993.
7. Koberda J. Przepiorka D. Moser RP. Grimm EA. Sequential TNF and TGF-beta regulation of expansion and induction of cytotoxicity in long-term cultures of lymphokine-activated killer cells. Lymphokine & Cytokine Res. 13, 2, 1994.
8. Przepiorka D. Ippoliti C. Koberda J. Chan K.W. Khouri I. Fischer H.E. Huh Y.O. Escudier S. Seong D. Davis M. Gajewski J. Vriesendorp H. Champlin R.E. Short courses interleukin-2, cyclosporine and steroids for prevention of graft-vs-host disease after haploidentical marrow transplantation. Transplantation, 1994.
9. Lackowski D. Koberda J.L. DeLoughery T.G. So Y. Natural Killer cell leukemia as a cause of peripheral neuropathy and meningitis: a case report. Neurology. 1998. Aug; 51 (2): 640-1
10. Koberda J.L. Ischemic stroke prevention and treatment. Valetudinaria.-invited review article-1, 2006.
11. Koberda J.L. Clinical advantages of quantitative electroencephalogram (QEEG)-electrical neuroimaging application in general neurology practice-Clin. EEG Neuroscience-published-March 26, 2013.
12. Koberda J.L. Detection of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI). Neuroconnection-winter 2011 edition (ISNR). Page- 16-17.
13. Koberda J.L., St. Hillier D., Jones B., Moses A., Koberda L.A. Application of Neurofeedback in General Neurology Practice. Journal of Neurotherapy-3 2012. Page 231-234.
14. Koberda J.L., Moses A., Koberda L, Koberda P. "Cognitive Enhancement Using 19-electrode Z-score Neurofeedback. Journal of Neurotherapy, 3-2012. page 224-230.
15. Koberda J.L. Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) as a Potential Target of Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback. The Neuroconnection- winter 2012 edition (ISNR). Page 24-25.
16. Prichep, L., Surmeli, T., Thatcher, R. W., Koberda, L., Ottes, G. and Berdyugina, A. QEEG AND TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY: EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE ANALYSES. In preparation-2014.
17. Koberda J.L. Koberda L. Koberda P. Moses A. Bienkiewicz A. Alzheimer’s dementia as a potential targer of Z-score LORETA 19-electrode neurofeedback. Neuroconnection, p-30-32, Winter 2013.
18. Koberda J.L., Koberda P, Bienkiewicz A, Moses A, Koberda L. Pain Management Using 19-Electrode Z-Score LORETA Neurofeedback. J. of Neurotherapy- 17:179-190, 2013.
19. Koberda JL, Paula Koberda, Andrew Moses, Jessica Winslow, Andrew Bienkiewicz, Laura Koberda. "Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback as a potential therapy of ADHD". –summer-Special Edition-Biofeedback Magazine-2014.
20. Koberda JL, Paula Koberda, Andrew Moses, Jessica Winslow, Andrew Bienkiewicz, Laura Koberda. “Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback as a Potential Therapy in Depression and Anxiety”. Spring-Neuroconnection, p-52-55, 2014.
21. Rex L. Cannon, H. E. Pigott, Tanju Surmeli, Deborah R. Simkin, Robert W. Thatcher, Werner Van den Bergh, Gerald Gluck, Joel F. Lubar, Richard Davis, Dale S. Foster, Jonathan Douglas, Atholl T. Malcolm, Donald Bars, Kirk Little, Wes Center, Marvin Berman, Harold Russell, Barbara Hammer, and J. Lucas Koberda. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Volume 75 • March 2014 • Number 3, p. 289. The Problem of Patient Heterogeneity and Lack of Proper Training in a Study of EEG Neurofeedback in Children. Letter to the editor.
21. Koberda JL,. Neuromodulation-An Emerging Therapeutic Modality in Neurology. (2014). J Neurol Stroke 2014, 1 (4) 00027. Editorial.
22. Koberda, JL. Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback as a Potential Rehabilitation Modality in Patients with CVA. (2014) J Neurol Stroke 2014, 1(5) 00029.
23. Koberda, JL. Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback as a Potential Therapy in Cognitive Dysfunction and Dementia. (2014), J Psychol Clin Psychiatry 1 (6): 00037.
24. Koberda, JL. (2015). Application of Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback in therapy of Epilepsy-Editorial-Journal of Neurology Neurology and Neurobiology-Vol. 1.1.
25. Frey LC, Koberda, JL. (2015). LORETA Z-score neurofeedback in patients with medically-refractory epilepsy-Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology-Vol. 1.1.
27. Koberda, JL, Frey LC. (2015). Application of Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback in Therapy of Epilepsy. Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology-Vol. 1.1.
28. Koberda, JL, (2015). Neurofeedback-An Alternative Therapy for Mental Disorders. The Patient Magazine-Q2-2015.
29. Koberda, JL, (2015). Traumatic Brain Injury: Is Neurofeedback the Best Available Therapy?-Editorial-Journal of neurology and Neurobiology-Vol. 1.3.
30. Koberda, JL, (2015). LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback-Effectiveness in Rehabilitation of Patients suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology-Vol. 1.4-September, 2015.
31. Koberda, JL, Akhmatova N, (2016). Masgutova Neurosensorimotor ReflexIntegration (MNRI) as a New Form of Manual Neuromodulation Technique. Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology-October, 2016, 2 (4).
32. Koberda, JL, Akhmatova N, Akhmatova E, Bienkiewicz A, Nowak, K, Nawrocka H. (2016). Masgutowa Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration Technique induces Positive Brain Maps (QEEG) changes. Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology-October, 2016, 2 (4).
Published or submitted Abstracts:
1. Koberda J. Bergmann L. Mitrou PS. Hoelzer D. Adherent lymphokine-activated killer (A-LAK) cells-immunological and functional characterization. Blood 76, 10, 833, Suppl., 1990
2. Koberda J. Grimm EA, Moser RP. Anti-CD3/anti-CD28 stimulation antagonizes TGF-beta suppression of IL-2-activated killer cell generation. Exp Hematol 20, 6, 435, 1992.
3. Koberda J. Przepiorka D. Moser RP. Grimm EA. TNF and TGF-beta involvement in the regulation of proliferation and killing of lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells in long-term cultures. Blood 80, 10, 1711, 1992.
4. Koberda J. Przepiorka D. Giralt S. Champlin RE. Characterization of immunological reconstitution of CML patients undergoing allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Blood 80, 10, 2096, Suppl., 1992.
5. Koberda J. Przepiorka D. Moser RP. Grimm EA. At least two different forms of TGF-beta are involved in the regulation of proliferation and killing of lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells in long-term cultures. J Clin Oncol ASCO meeting-1993.
6. Przepiorka D. Huh YO. Mehra R. Geisler D. Koberda J. Champlin RE. Deisseroth AB. Prolonged immunodeficiency in breast cancer patients after sequential high-dose chemotherapy with or without autologous marrow support. Blood 82, 10, 679, Suppl., 1993.
7. Koberda J. Reading C. Mehra R. Champlin RE. The minimal residual disease detection by 9187 monoclonal antibody. Blood 82, 10, 2581, Suppl., 1993.
8. Koberda J. Przepiorka D. Bednarczyk J. Escudier S. Deisseroth AB. McIntyre B. Identification of E-selectin (ELAM-1) on normal human hematopoietic cells. Blood 82, 10, 113, Suppl., 1993.
9. Przepiorka D. Ippoliti C. Koberda J. Chan KW. Khouri I. Huh YO. Escudier S. Seong D. Gajewski J. Vriesendrop H. Champlin RE. Short-coures interleukin-2, cyclosporine and steroids for prevention of graft-vs-host disease after haploidentical marrow transplantation. J. Cell. Biochem. Keystone Symposia - Jan, 1994.
10. Koberda J. Przepiorka D. Bednarczyk J. Escudier S. Champlin RE, Deisseroth AB, McIntyre BW. Identification of hyperglycosylated E-selectin (ELAM-1) expression on normal and leukemic hematopoietic cells. Exp. Hematol. Suppl., 1994.
11. Koberda J.L. Clark W. Letsup H. Nesbit G. Successful clinical recovery and reversal of mid-basilar occlusion in clinically brain dead patient with intra-arterial urokinase. Neurology. 48, Suppl. PO3.004, March, 1997.
12. Lackowski D. Koberda J.L. Natural killer cell proliferation as a cause of peripheral neuropathy. Blood. 90, 10: Suppl. 2964, November 15, 1997.
13. Koberda J.L. Clinical advantages of quantitative electroencephalogram (QEEG) application in general neurology practice-presented during the Society of Applied Neuroscience meeting-Abstract published in Neuroscience Letters, Vol. 500, Suppl. 1, July 2011, p-32.
14. Koberda J.L., Moses A. Application of quantitative electroencephalogram (QEEG) and neurofeedback in general neurology practice-presented-ISNR meeting-September, 2011.
15. Koberda J.L. Application of Quantitative EEG and LORETA in general neurology practice for detection and localization in epilepsy. Presented during the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) meeting (April 23, 2012) Neurology suppl.
16. Koberda J.L, Moses A, Koberda P, Koberda L. Comparison of the Effectiveness of Z-Score Surface/LORETA 19-Electrodes Neurofeedback to Standard 1-Electrode Neurofeedback. J. of Neurotherapy, 4, p-302, 2012.
17. Koberda J.L. Bienkiewicz A., Koberda L., Koberda P. Moses A. Electrical Imaging and Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback-New paradigm to Neuro-Psychiatric Diagnosis and Treatment. Presented during the First International Conference on Basic and Clinical Multimodal Imaging-Geneva, Switzerland-September 5-8, 2013.
18. Koberda J.L., Bienkiewicz A., Koberda L., Koberda P. Moses A. LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback as a Potential Application in Epilepsy.-presented during the ISNR meeting in Dallas-September 20, 2013-abstract expected to be published in J. of Neurotherapy, 4, 2013.
19. Koberda J.L., Bienkiewicz A., Koberda L., Koberda P. Moses A. LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback as a Potential Application in Depression.-presented during the ISNR meeting in Dallas-September 22, 2013-abstract expected to be published in J. of Neurotherapy, 4, 2013.
20. Koberda J.L., Bienkiewicz A., Koberda L., Koberda P. Moses A. High Effectiveness of LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback in the treatment of Headaches-presented during the ISNR meeting in Dallas, TX-September 19, 2013-abstract expected to be published in J. of Neurotherapy, 4, 2013.
21. Koberda J.L. Andrew Moses; Paula Koberda; Jessica Winslow
“Cognitive Enhancement with LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback”-presented during the AAPB meeting in Savannah, GA-March, 2014.
22. Koberda, JL. Bienkiewicz A., Koberda L., Koberda P. Moses A, Winslow J. Accelerated Recovery from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with Z-score Neurofeedback Therapy-presented during the ISNR meeting-San Diego, CA-October 16, 2014-published in NeuroRegulation-Vol. 1(3-4):273-316 2014.
23. Koberda, JL. QEEG/LORETA Electrical Imaging in Neuropsychiatric Disorders-Clinical Applications-ISNR meeting San Diego, CA-October 19, 2014
Published Newspaper Articles and Press Releases:
1. Reforming health care: Where do we go next? Tallahassee Democrat. Feb 7th, 2009
2. Forum focuses on the need for health-care reforms. Tallahassee Democrat. Chronicle. Feb 4th. 2009.
3. Community-health forum provides input to Obama’s transition team. Tallahassee Democrat. Jan 10th, 2009.
4. We can’t support defensive medicine. Tallahassee Democrat. Dec 13th. 2008.
5. Should we limit president’s age? Tallahassee Democrat. Oct 28th, 2008.
6. Health center needs community support. Tallahassee Democrat. March 31st, 2009.
7. Improve safety on Tallahassee roads. Tallahassee Democrat. May 9th, 2009.
8. Policy is shaped by right and wrong. Tallahassee Democrat. September 30th, 2009.
9. Computer is good for everything. Invited article in the Riviera-European newspaper in July 2012.
10. Dr. J. Lucas Koberda using neurofeedback to treat brain-related illnesses. Tallahassee Democrat. March 6, 2013.
11. “Neuroscience Advances Bring Modern Therapy”-Tallahassee Democrat, December 8, 2014.
“The Migraine Revolution”-by Martin Brink-Koberda JL-contributor of neurofeedback cases-published by Body Mind and Brain-Queensland, Australia-December 2012.
“Clinical Methods of Neurotherapy: Techniques and Treatment Applications”. Editors David Cantor and Jim Evans-author of chapter 5-Koberda, JL,“Defining Developing Evidence-Based Medicine Databases Proving Treatment Efficacy”-published-November, 2013.p-127-138. Academic Press-Elsevier.
“Advances in Neuroimaging Research”-Editor-Victoria Asher-Hansley-chapter2-Koberda, JL. “QEEG/LORETA Electrical Imaging in Neuropsychiatry-Diagnosis and treatment Implications”-published in September, 2014. P-121-146. Nova Biomedical Publishing.
"Z Score Neurofeedback: Clinical Applications". Editor-Robert Thatcher-Koberda, JL, author of three chapters-including:
Chapter 5-“Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback as a Potential Therapy in Depression/Anxiety and Cognitive Dysfunction”.
Chapter 6-“LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback in Chronic Pain and Headaches”.
Chapter 10-“Therapy of Seizures and Epilepsy with Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback- October 2014-Academic Press-Elsevier.
Asperger Syndrome: Risk Factors, Cognitive-Behavioral Characteristics and Management Strategies-Editor-Michael Shaughnessy-chapter by Koberda, JL. “QEEG/LORETA Electrical Imaging and Z-score LORETA Neurofeedback-New Approach to Diagnosis and Therapy of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)”- published March, 2015.
Handbook of Clinical QEEG and Neurotherapy-Edited by Tom Collura and Jon Frederick-Koberda JL-book chapter-“LORETA Z-score Neurofeedback in Neuropsychiatric Practice”-published-December, 2016.